Search ASCD EDge
I am not a new ASCD member, but I am new to the ASCD EDge and I am not all that sure exactly how the site works, or maybe some of the terminolog
Edited by Amy_Vanden_Boogart, 3 years ago
For your two questions.
On number 1, the only way to really search for a particular blog at the moment is to go to the site search and look for it. On your own blogs, you can tag the content with keywords and people can look that way. The blogs, however, aren't necessarily organized by keyword (as not everyone tags their content).
On number 2, you set up all your blogs under a consistent image and overall title. We call this setting up a blog banner. Here are the directions:
If you want to organize each post under a consistent title and image...
1. Go to Photos/Upload Photos area
2. Upload a photo/image (to span the width of the available article area choose a photo that is 520 pixels wide). I typically choose a photo/image that is about 520 pixels wide by 180 pixels tall.
3. Enter a Title (this will be the title for all your blogs -- separate from the title of each post -- but don't enter a description)
4. Under Category, pull down the menu and choose "My Blog Banner" -- this is a key step so make sure you don't forget this.
5. Click on the "Add a Photo" button.
The title and image will take a few minutes to appear. From then on, you will have a banner and a consistent title across all your individual blog posts. To see an example, you can see my posts: http://edge.ascd.org/_Top-10-Blogs-of-2012/blog/6492707/127586.html
My overall title is called "A Guide to ASCD EDge" -- and that image appears on all individual posts.
Hope that helps.