Search ASCD EDge
This group is for educators working with overseas and international schools around the world. It provides a forum for collaboration among teachers, curriculum coordinators, and administrators to enable them to discuss issues and concerns related to teaching and working internationally. Join now to post your comments and questions.
Diane_Simmons-Tomczak, 3 years ago| FlagConferences & Workshops
Do you know of a conference or workshop coming up during the 2010-2011 school year in an international location which might be of interest to educators around the world? If you do please let us know. Some which are scheduled for the the coming year include:
- English Teachers Association Switzerland (ETAS) SIG Day, September 11, 2010 Wetzikon, Switzerland. www.e-tas.ch
- Mediterranean Association of International Schools (MAIS), Annual Conference Tunis, Tunisia, November 4-9, 2010 http://www.mais-web.org/
- European Council of International Schools (ECIS) 2010 Annual Conference, Nice, France, 19-21, November, 2010 www.ecis.org
- Central and Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA), 2011 Annual Conference, Budapest, Hungary, March 18-19, 2011, www.ceesa.org
- Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA), 2010 All Africa Educators' Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, October 17-20, 2010, www.aisa.or.ke
- Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE), 2011 Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, February 14-17 2011 www.aaie.org
- Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools (NESA), 2010, Leadership Conference, Kathmandu, Nepal, October 21-24, 2010 and in 2011 Spring Educators' Conference April 2-5, 2011 www.nesacenter.org
If you know of a conference or workshop taking place in your region of the world please share the information with others on the message board or on the Overseas and International Schools Group link.
Diane Simmons-Tomczak, ASCD Overseas & International Schools Network
Meg_Simpson, 3 years ago| FlagInterestin
g message from Dr. Carter in the June EdUpdate entitled Building Ties Through Worldwide Partnershi ps: http://www .ascd.org/ publicatio ns/newslet ters/educa tion-updat e/jun10/vo l52/num06/ Building-T ies-Throug h-Worldwid e-Partners hips.aspx
ASCD has seized the moment to play a major role in influencin
g the transforma tion of individual lives and of society as a whole worldwide through education.